I became slightly addicted to this incredible smoothie that I had last week at Clear Cafe so I have tried to recreate it. Here’s my recipe.
- 1.5 cups of choc soy milk (I found this on special. You could use normal soy milk)
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup. (I would have used dates but I didn’t have any left)
- 1/8 cup of cacao nibs (Purchased in Bali. You could sub cocoa powder)
- 1 tbsp of ground flaxseed.
- 6 cubes of ice.
- Half a vanilla bean. (also purchased in Bali. You could use essence)
- 2 frozen bananas ( I always have frozen bananas on hand for smoothie needs)
Method: Just throw it all in the blender and whizz. If you do not have a high speed blender like a Blendtac or a Vitamix, you might prefer to scoop the seeds out of the vanilla bean. A regular blender might not be able to cope with the bark or the bean.